Jade Evans ‘Freedom in the New Age’
“Conversational style; it’s an interview with additional information; Use of graphic; Bold overall design.”
“Exciting, unique info, very clear and excellent writing.”
“Chatty, flows well, good design.”
Naomi Sandercock and Rhiannon Thomas for their TV package on the elderly and living alone
“Very professionally done, great use of animation, cut ins and sweet camera angles.”
“I thought this was wonderful – surprising and lively.”
Boris Siromahov for his TV feature on water in Africa
“Very professional and ambitious – a fine achievement. He’s got a great future.”
“Confident, articulate, ambitious, lets the story flow out of the interviews – hard to fault.”
Rachel Dinning’s exclusive and original investigation into rising cost of student accommodation fees Bristol university accommodation fees have risen by 49%.
“A very good, pertinent and useful subject to research and report upon; Quotes from parent and from students; Good level of detail of increases, and monthly and weekly costs; Use of tables made the information clear and easy to read.”
“Good. Astute presentation of info made a compelling case without tipping over into polemic.”
“A good story, well researched.”
1. Georgia Gillespie ‘Behind the Crime Scene’
2. Louise Gould ‘Flower Power Change-Maker’
1. Dan Noutch and Elliot Pearce for their radio report on accent levelling.
Bristol is often seen as one of the best cities to live in in the United Kingdom. Its cultural diversity, strong environmental policies and dynamic approach towards housing has made it a beacon for the south-west. But, as Dan Noutch reports, is one of the most notable aspects of the city’s identity experiencing a change?
2. Dan Noutch and Elliot Pearce for their TV package on women in engineering
1. Zak Reid for his audio feature on dealing with autism.
2. Summer Brooks for her print feature on gentrification ‘South East Rising’.
1. Dawn Gani and Matt Light’s live online coverage of DJ Derek’s funeral, ‘DJ Derek: Hundreds attend funeral of music legend’.